- Maybe it is just me but I find it funny that in the Orlando Magic fund raising gala, The winner of the annual community service award was given to superman himself, Dwight Howard right after he was slapped with a paternity suit in Orange County the day before.
- While we are on the topic of unusual the Suns went a whole 48 minutes without getting technical foul on friday night....Since Shaq came to the Suns they have racked up 26 Technical Fouls over the 23 games...Including 4 technicals in Tuesdays loss to the Nuggets. The Suns also have 11 in their last 4 games now...even with none this game...
- The Houston Rockets and the Seattle SuperSonics had one of the lowest scoring games Ive seen in a while. The final quarter wet down to the wire at 12-10. 12-10??? Seriously!!...12-10...that's almost as bad as the pathetic 54 points the Miami Heat put up...
- Now this is unusual, Marco Belinelli got playing time and boy did it pay off, love that guy... as well as that Andris Biedrins played excellent as well... must be opposite day in Golden State eh?
- The Bulls are in controversy, this time involving team mascot Benny the Bull. Following Tuesday’s loss to Boston at the United Center, the Celtics’ Kevin Garnett and James Posey claimed Benny hit them with T-shirts fired from a hand-held cannon during a timeout with 2:47 left in the contest.
The story of a violent team mascot is funny, even if the ammunition was soft, cotton T-shirts.But the Bulls swore Benny was innocent. Team officials said there was video evidence that one of the timeout entertainers, not Benny the Bull, stumbled while taking the court and the T-shirt cannon discharged accidentally.
“Well, it was against Posey,” coach Jim Boylan joked. “It’s open season against him anytime he steps on the court in Chicago. I was proud of Benny. I’m glad he took matters into his own hands.”