CBS are releasing their lists of top ten players in each position every second day, so I'll release mine the day before.
These are my PG rankings, in two days I will put out the big one, The Top 100 NBA Players as of Right Now According to North Harbour. I could easily post the top 200, but that wouldn't be as limited.
1. Chris Paul - ROY and almost MVP. Didn't deserve MVP last year so he didn't get it. If one thing is to be sure, he will get at least one, if not two MVPs before his career is over.
2. Deron Williams - He and CP3 should have a fantastic rivalry, I'm looking forward to a Hornets-Jazz rivalry.
3. Steve Nash - Seeing reduced minutes, still good though.
4. Tony Parker - Offensive powerhouse, his defense is also better than it seems at first glance.
5. Baron Davis - I feel if he was put in the right system he could be the #1 PG. Will the Clippers be that system? Ahhhhh.......Nah. Hopefully B-Diddy won't decline, like everything else that has gone to the Clippers.
6. Chauncey Billups - Great PG, may get spelled more by the younger Stuckey in future, and who knows what will happen under a new coach. But he is still all-star quality. According to this list he is the #1 Eastern Conference PG.
7. Gilbert Arenas - The NBA Board doesn't seem to like him, minaly because of his arrogance and how the Wizarrds did just as good without him. His arrogance doesn't worry me, I think Larry Bird was fairly "self-confident". But his injuries are holding him back. He's sorta like old Kobe, he puts up the numbers but it doesn't really help the team. Hopefully he will follow a similiar path to Kobe's. He certainly has MVP talent in my book.
8. Jose Calderon - I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but I can't doubt his talent.
9. Kirk Hinrich - Didn't has the best season last year and a rookie was drafted in his position, but he is still a great PG. He may fall way down in all lists after this season though.
10. Jason Kidd - He may be getting older, but he is still a player that you can rely on....most of the time.
11. Andre Miller - For me there is a definite gap between the top 10 and the others, but Miller was a key part of the Sixers, especially when Iguodala failed to report in the playoffs.
12. Rafer Alston -Inspirational to the Rockets.
I would list more, but I feel they are so far off the top 10 if wouldn't be right.
I would love to hear everybodies opinions and your all welcome to post your own list here as well as critique mine. If you have any players who should be on the list or shouldn't be on the list or should or shouldn't have an honourable mention just tell me.
I hope that you follow this series of blogs and leave your comments.
I appreciate all comments, thanks all.